Thursday, January 05, 2006

Home Again

Oh god, it's good to be home! I missed my husband, my house, my dogs and just my family being together. Don't get me wrong, it was great to visit with my Indiana family, but I am a homebody. Travel doesn't always suit me well (unless I'm on a beach with a book and a margarita). I'm a creature of habit and it's good to be back in a routine. Finally, I can get back to blogging. I missed you guys.

My dad is recovering very well from his heart surgery; this makes me very happy. My brother and sister's families are doing well. Their kids are growing fast - this frightens me somewhat because it means I'm growing older. I gave my mother blogging lessons, which was comical, but she's doing really well. I have my doubts to whether or not she will keep it up - but we'll see.

I have yet to do any running this year, but did have a killer workout session with my sister at her gym on the 2nd. I was very surprised at what a good class it was, especially since it was in the middle of Nowhere, Indiana. I learned some really great killer ab moves and some disturbingly good rotator cuff strengthening moves. I'm actually a little puzzled with the latter, this guy was big on strengthening the rotator cuffs . . . Oh well, my sister and I had a great workout and my arms and abs are still sore. This workout was then followed by a mall workout with Amy. Susan showed great restraint and only spent $14.00. Go Susan.

My regular running workouts begin tonight. I'm so excited about this upcoming year and ready to get my training going.

29 Comments:

Blogger Dirt Runner said...

You should reward yourself for only spending $14.00 and hit the closest Neiman's.Welcome back to Texas.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

I was going to comment on how happy I am to see you back but since you just demanded me to go post, I am not sure now. hehehe Bossy coach!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Flatman said...

WELL IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! Here I've been checking your blog like four times a day...

Welcome back and get to running, girl!

10:23 AM  
Blogger robtherunner said...

Glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Glad to have you back at home so you can do more blogging and I can spend more time ignoring my homework. Off to class.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Iron Benny said...

Aww, she's back, we missed you to. Good to hear from you again. Wow, 14.00 bucks! I could spend that on lunch! Way to go. What's up with the rotator cuff stuff?
Benny

11:40 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Good to have you back, everybody is missing you!
Now back to run, I want to see your half marathon training.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Glad you're back too! Amazing self-retraint on the spending!

12:26 PM  
Blogger A Cloud's Yin said...

You're off to a good start with that sisterly workout. Welcome back!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Chad Austin said...

Were you gone? Just kidding, welcome back. Glad to hear your dad is doing well.

Sounds like if the Texas Rangers need a relief pitcher this year, you'll be ready

12:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Welcome home.. only $14.00 dollars..that's good discipline..i would say reward yourself and go worship again :)...

1:02 PM  
Blogger TryAthlete said...

No place like home indeed. Welcome back.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Wylee said...

Here you can borrow my ruby slippers... "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

Glad you're back Susan, love the new hearder btw!

1:35 PM  
Blogger ~The Modern Tragedy said...

go u

2:52 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

ok, but like Wylee said, and add the profile pic too... oh, feel the luv on this blog, feel the luv.

very NeimanMarcus... go you!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Welcome back and glad to know dad is getting well. I made a mistake in my life: giving pc lesson to my dad! I got into the troubles for weeks.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

That's great news about your dad.

Welcome back - we all missed you

4:38 PM  
Blogger Wobbly man said...

Welcome back Susan - what is the first goal race you have?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Nytro said...

glad your dad is doing well. as for only spending $14... you're my new hero.

5:05 PM  
Blogger susie said...

Great news about your dad...(I know what you mean about missing the bloggers...it's a little strange, isn't it?)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Curly Su said...

can't believe we were in the same place! we should have ran...i needed a workout buddy...but, i'm sure you were busy with family.

glad you had a great trip--looking forward to seeing the next year!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Of course, Amy didn't spent anything, but it was me who urged Aunt Suzie to buy the cute little leopard print outfit for baby Harper.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

ONly $14??? Wow... you should reward yourself for that restraint... maybe with a shopping spree! haha.

Welcome home! Your blog family missed you :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

I love to run - even if I am slow - but I suffered from ITB a couple of months back and am too scared to get back into it!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I'm building up a repertoire of killer ab exercises so what ones did you do?

And what were the roatator cuff exercises (just curious!)

Hope your first 2006 run went well.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

$14, wow! Not bad at all. Glad to hear your dad is doing well, too.

Welcome home!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Welcome Home...Welcome back to running. Glad your Dad is doing well. Looking forward to reading about your running!

7:35 AM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

Welcome back! Good news about your dad. Isn't this quite possibly the best time of year to run in Texas?

8:05 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Glad to hear your dad is recovering well. And ya know, it's ok to be getting older! It's when we stop aging that you gotta worry... :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Nice blog you have. Hey if you or a friend
are looking for cool products or gift ideas
then see what I found surfing around.
Great info on Seen On TV Items.
Check it out when you get a chance.
Seen On TV Items

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home