Sunday, December 04, 2005

Some tweeny hills

Today was our Sunday 10 mile run - I haven't actually put together a workout plan for the marathon yet, but I'm sure it should involve adding more miles sooner or later. February will be here before I know it. Today's average pace was 9:46 min miles - and that’s with an eight minute break after mile five. Ahhh, we do love nature. Time 1:36:42.

Yesterday it was a sunny 85 degrees and I was washing my car in flip flops and shorts. This morning it was a windy and a chilly 28 degrees. Got to love Texas weather. I froze my butt off the entire time - but, overall it was a good run. Miles three through seven did involve several tweeny* hills. Those would be the rolling hills that are not large enough to slow you down, but irritating enough to hasten the respiratory system.

Great to have you back Karrie - you ran really strong and your first 5 miles rocked, it was a striking come back from your recent illness. Richard, thanks for being tall and wearing the blinking light - you ran really well today.


*In popular culture it has been used to describe children in the age range of 8 to 12 years old - also known as the stage when children begin the slow torment of their parents with clever and often imperceptible degrees of skill. I use this term to describe things that are evil.

10 Comments:

Blogger TryAthlete said...

28 degrees - ulp! Not going to catch me out there in that sort of weather, I think. Three brave souls out there this morning. Good run.

9:28 AM  
Blogger David said...

Ten miles is a nice start to the week. Don't let up now. February IS right around the corner.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Iron Benny said...

I went for a run in the mountains of snowy Utah yesterday. I thought it would suck but it was actually quite fun. We had a group of about 15 and we ran some single track trails in the mountains. Good times. Anyway, I feel you on the cold thing. It's that time of year I guess.
Benny

11:46 AM  
Blogger Flatman said...

wow. i am at work and have been since 5:45. does that count?

11:52 AM  
Blogger marathena said...

Hey thanks!! You are an awesome runner!! Hey what are we going to run next?? Cowtown?? When is it anyway?? I am anxious to build a bit more mileage in!! I think while the rest of the running population is racing next weekend I will probably do something like 12-13?? I say this now as my legs are achey from the run this morning!! I will be fine!! Wooohooo!! 10:30's!!! After being sick!! Yay!! Thanks for all of your support!!

12:13 PM  
Blogger robtherunner said...

Nice job Susan. I foresee a BQ in your future.

12:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice fast run Susan. Those "tweeny" hills will make you a STRONG runner - LOVE THEM! I like your "Tweeny" term! Your race is steadily approaching - I think you need to start seriously putting a schedule together! :0

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Nice 10 miler. And tweeny is like, the most appropriate word for a lot of things in my life right now. I'm going to "borrow" your word. 28 degrees has become warm in these parts as of late. Ugh.

3:12 PM  
Blogger susie said...

I think I might like that weather in Texas--our 30 degrees is here to stay, I'm afraid (or worse). Good run.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

dude, i did a ten miler today, and um, didn't quite hit 9:46 min/miles...

might be time to consider changin' the header from 'Runner Susan' traipsing through roses, to 'The Susanator' crushes flat circles...

good on you Susan, strong run today.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home