Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why can't today be a race day?

Yesterday I cheated. My time filled with errands, work and child stuffs so I split my mileage into two, 2.5 mile runs. The first was horrid and hot (78) and I was tired and cranky and I contemplated not finishing. The second was late and on the dreaded treadmill. To make those miles less mundane; I decided to shove David Sedaris into nano. That was a mistake. I was laughing so hard at one point I snorted and the person on the treadmill next to me moved . . . did they think I was laughing at them? Total mileage for the day completed, although shamefully so.

Today was a spanktacular day. Woke up at 4am and we were on the road at 5am. Perhaps it was the new tunes on nano or the 1,000 potato chips I ate yesterday, because today we moved. It was great. Unofficial 5k time just less than 27 min. Yes, run on. Six miles completed at an average pace of 9:36 per mile. Slow for some, but for six - speedy for Susan. Susan is happy. This will be my highest mileage week ever.

My friend R still has not posted. I made her a pretty new blog (even though she said I needed a semi-colon lesson) and if she doesn't post soon I will have to beat her into submission.

_________________________

Updates:

Kenza's eye: doing much better, but she still resembles the spawn of satan.

Shopping: just got some new capri running tights - love them - they hold in all the jiggly parts nice and tight, deceptive - but you know I love it! I've also been molesting a pair of Marazria black satin pants - fortunatly, no Susan size.

Cleansing: stomach remains flatter, bowels are regular, and my colon is a great place.

Weight: 127.2 today - getting there. Tanita reported 29.8% body fat - looks like I may be beating her into submission too.

24 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I don't see how u cheated when u still run the latter half on the treadmill afterwards. I would quit the first time and think about it the next day.

9:36/mile sounds like a good pace. I think that's my LSD pace (if not longer).

Hmm.interesting..u clean your colon and u lose weight and lower the fat %. So is all your fat hiding in the colon??

10:29 AM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Book your trip now to beautiful Susan's Colon. A trip of mystery, twists, and turns but a destination like no other.

Does running make you violent? I noticed a lot of beating threats going on there.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Which David Sedaris were you listening to? I've been searching for something new of his to read and haven't found anything lately.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

My kids resemble the spawn of satan and it has nothing to do with their eye, but all with keeping me awake all night

11:42 AM  
Blogger TryAthlete said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:24 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

At least you're puttin in the miles. Keep up the great work.

12:40 PM  
Blogger robtherunner said...

This would be a recommended way to ease into two a days. Certainly not cheating. It's like eating one Reeses PB Cup after breakfast than another later after dinner. It is simply balance.

1:25 PM  
Blogger TryAthlete said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

I could never listen to David Sedaris while running - much too funny! You did not cheat - actualy Runners World had an article about fitting in rund around errands and they suggested that self smae tactic.

Happy Thanksgiving

1:30 PM  
Blogger TryAthlete said...

Hey Susan:
2.5 + 2.5 = 5
Where's the cheating?

Or could it be...
instead of 6...
you ran 5.983!

1:30 PM  
Blogger The Spandex-King said...

Have a great Holiday!! 3 miles in 27min sounds pretty fast to me. Keep it up.
The King

1:42 PM  
Blogger KAP said...

Raingirl does have a very pretty site. I too love the rain, though I'm currently in exile on the east side of Washington (cold, windy, more cold).

I see nothing wrong with splitting your runs. I'm amazed you had the time to fit two runs in, period. All that suiting up and stretching takes a while!

1:47 PM  
Blogger David said...

Oh you split it in two just so you could wear two fine running outfits in one day. Now they're both in the laundry and you'll need to go shopping to keep your fine self dressed out for the rest of this 40 mile week.
I know your schemes.
I had another tasteless comment about that trip of mystery, etc. but will leave it to those who already thought their own thoughts and blogged on.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Flatman said...

...Kenza's eye: doing much better, but she still resembles the spawn of satan...

Doesn't that make you satan? ;)

Way to go on the six! Nice mileage this week!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Jen_runs said...

New running gear always makes you faster. Must be the way all the 'energy' in your butt and legs is captured and used to propel you forward, rather than be lost through all the jiggling ;-)

J.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

spanktacular?

you're on plan -- do not be a turkey tomorrow -- do the 10!

all the people on the treadmills next to me always leave, imagine if i started snorting too... imagine...

3:48 PM  
Blogger jeff said...

*snort*

that colon comment caught me by surprise.

congrats on the speedy six miles!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Richard Maas LMT, MTI said...

I got anal and looked up the actual milage. I'll never do it again! That was a mighty fine run. Digesting better through a healthy colon (rimshot!) means lower body fat.
Running made me cranky today, but I was cranky when I got up.

8:07 PM  
Blogger runninturnip said...

Wow! That is great on your mileage and your pace. When I first started running I was an 11 minute mile but I am down to below 9 (barely) so keep at it!

9:02 PM  
Blogger D said...

I like the new profile photo! Keep posting on the colon cleansing. Good job on the speedy 5k and 6 miler!!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Mmm, potato chips...

I think I need cleanse as well. I think that's where all of my potato chips are hiding.

And I agree with a previous poster -- new clothes are definately faster!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Comm's said...

fitting it all together is what makes our athletic lives so much the better. Really I believe that. It would be great to have no care in the world except training, but I just seem to get more done when I have more to do.

Glad the detox is working.

6:55 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Thanks for the comment. Our 'little' boy is 6foot tall and weighs about 220lbs (I think - not very good on this conversion stuff).

Hope you had a great Thansgiving day.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

I can't believe that you have 29% body fat! They say that those scales aren't accurate, I would guess you at 20 at the most! And I've been meaning to tell you that your page looks AWESEOME! You're quite the html whiz ;)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home