Sunday, November 13, 2005

Lets Cleanse.

I woke a week or so ago to my handsome, earthy, cyclist husband watching this infomerical. I'm not sure why, Michael eats healthier and exercises more than 99% of the people I know. Well, guess what? - on Friday it came in the mail - a 60 day supply - for both of us. "Lets cleanse together - our colons are dirty" he says. Let's see if that extra 10 lbs of toxin sitting in my colon makes me 10 lbs lighter soon.

Today was a really good day. 1 mile warm up and 9 mile run at 7 am - it was nice to sleep in and really nice to run with Karrie again. I've missed Sunday lsd with Karrie. We did a lot of tempo work mixed with a few hills here and there. It's been a long time since I put any distance on the road and I was worried that the lack of training (and the martini I had last night) might set me back a little - but no so bad - I really enjoyed my run this morning.

Side notes: Kenza is doing much better, she's happy to be moving again - albeit very limited. We had a garage sale on Saturday morning and made $300. Yay garage sales. (Translation: new shoes for Susan)

Aren't colons supposed to be dirty? Michael is so good to me ; )

8 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

hehe hehe... you said "colon"...

:-)

6:38 PM  
Blogger ~The Modern Tragedy said...

Actually this has turned into a science all in it's self known as hyrdrocolonics. The belief is that waste which sticks to your intestine wall, stays there for year and causes toxins to be absorbed by your body, and such. With that treatment it removes the toxins and waste build up along the walls. My mom is recieving this from a Spa to help treat her colon cancer. It is in my belief an excellent thing to do, but I do not know about ordering it from an infomercial?1? or is this chelation therapy he ordered?

6:47 PM  
Blogger D said...

I'm interested in your thoughts on this product after you have taken it for a month or two. Keep us posted.

Great news on Kenza!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

I am having a hard time conjuring a romantic moment happening anytime soon after all that cleansing. Then again, how would I know. Keep us posted. Sounds earthy alright.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

i just focused on kenza is better, and i was able to get through the whole post...

10:37 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Great job on your run! And good news about K. What torture for a little kid to have to keep relatively still! But glad to hear she is doing well. Have a great week!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Um...yeah...earthy is a good description. ;)

9:04 AM  
Blogger William said...

10 lbs? Wow, then I know what it feels like to be pregnant!

Keep us posted as to how the cleansing goes.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home