Sunday, November 27, 2005

I hate blog block

I'm sitting here trying to compose my post - and nothing. I’m tired. I ran ten miles - now what to say? I envy those who write beautifully descriptive paragraph after paragraph about running. I do not have this ability – too many adjectives and I end up with something that sounds like a Kotex commercial. This annoys me. A lot. So I shall stick with my bluntness and limit my colloquialisms. The world shall be a better place for it.

Today's ten mile run started off hard and finished harder. 25-35 mph winds didn't help, especially with my attitude. My entire run involved numerous conversations with myself about quitting. I didn't and I'm glad. Much thanks to Richard, he ran strong today and pulled me the last 5 miles.

We arrived at mile four around 38 minutes - right on track. By mile five my body was rebelling - legs cramping, feet blistering and breathing heavy. By mile seven my form was wretched and neck was aching - damn wind. I finished, but feeling like this was the last few miles of a marathon. Average pace was 9:59. I've had my longest mileage week ever. I had doubt that I would get all 40 miles in this week. (I must sound like a whiney baby, because I hear the complaining can only begin at 42 miles a week.)

I've consumed a seriously lethal dose of coffee and Midol this morning. That's a good thing. On that subject, I want to send a shout out to thank Sarah. She saved the blogging community from several posts involving small mice, extension cords and PMS.

22 Comments:

Blogger Swordspoint said...

So, Susan, do you now regret the giving up the lap dances to get that english degree? Admittedly it looks better on a resume but honestly, think of all the shopping!

12:02 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Yeah Susan! Nice job on your high mileage week!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Richard Maas LMT, MTI said...

lap dances? gee, if you could go back in time and change a few things but not other things...

2:25 PM  
Blogger D said...

PMS sucks ~ yet you ran a tough 10 miler!!!! Nice job! Lap dances?

Your running photo is great! I can't figure out how to put a photo on my sidebar like that.

2:33 PM  
Blogger D said...

I forgot to add: blogblock???? Not RunnerSusan...no way. Your posts are always great - don't stop the bluntness!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

This is for the busty librarian above:

In Kate's voice:

!!!Linda!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger David said...

And who is this busty dusty Librarian? Suggesting lap dances among the roses of Runner Susan. Tsk, tsk.

Happy to hear you hit the goal, as painful as it may have been. Now you start over :)

That is a fine self portrait of you cavorting over there in your running sidebar. I'd adjust my race pace for awhile to see if we could run PRs together.

3:35 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

dude, i understand:

I've consumed a seriously lethal dose of coffee and Midol this morning. That's a good thing.

you know, an angsty PMS post about mice and extension cords could have been entertaining...but now i wanna hear about lap dances! =)

and i also really like the photo you posted. it's a good one!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

You know that new photo on your sidebar? I recognise those legs. That's the photo you butchered for your header. (Still nice legs, though).
Congratulations on the 40 miles. Well done, especially in less than ideal weather. But you do realise that it counts for nothing if you don't do it again on a regular basis, do you?

4:28 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

seems to me the crowd is chanting for more...

shouldn't have a problem for material tomorrow based on the chanting in the comment section!

6:50 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

There is nothing boring about your blog entries so don't give it up! Great photo too, by the way!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Seriously, your blog is da bomb! I think mine is dieing. My friends think I am a snooze. I try to make the posts more about life then running, but maybe I should stop boring them..Great job on the mileage...and a Holiday week at that!

9:56 PM  
Blogger A Girl Running said...

I hate blog block too but just looking at that new photo of you on the left and the fantastic improvement in each marathon time is inspiring.

PLEASE can you tell me how you got the blogger title all fancy like that.....every seems to have a gorgeous blog banner and I feel left out!

10:13 PM  
Blogger iliketoast said...

I had blog block but about an hour into a run it always sees to work itself out ..... are we talking about the same thing?

7:13 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

What blog block...this post is better than the ones I have :)

Good job on the run..

7:52 AM  
Blogger The Spandex-King said...

Your posts are great!! Keep up the great work!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oooh, i like the new header!

9:57 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

nice masthead!

10:26 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

what are you talking about?? I enjoyed your blog and good job on the 10-miler!
As for my blog, now you talk about boring? Tee hee

2:00 PM  
Blogger TryAthlete said...

Love the new header!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

You're a fantastic writer, one of the funniest in the RBF so never doubt your abilities! We ran Sun night with 29 mph winds, I hear your pain!! It seems like the wind is never behind me, either.

Great job on pulling through the pain and finishing your run, be proud!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

As a battler of mice I would be extremely interested in stories about mice and extension cords! hahah Ever since I have chased one down with a metal pipe and bonked it on the head I have become an avid reader of extermination methods. Really the chasing it down and bonking it on the head was exhausting not to mention a tad bit disgusting...However kudos to me for actually being able to chase one down. A year and half ago could not have done that!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home