Thursday, November 17, 2005

Bootcamp . . . it just gets worse

It's a shame Karrie hasn't figured out a way to make Thursday's upper-body bootcamp do more for my boobs. If she could do for boobs what her Tuesday's lower-body bootcamp does for the butt, she'd be a very rich woman. Mothers who breastfed unite. Also, it's just really unfortunate that upper-body bootcamp can't be called boobcamp. Cause that's just funny. But since it's not I don't feel as guilty about not working out this morning. Karrie called at 4:40 am to let me know her car wouldn't start. I pulled back into the garage, stretched out on the couch, and went back to sleep.

I'm sure this is completely unrelated, but I'm 130.4 today and Tanita says 31.2% body fat.

Okay, so I feel a little guilty. On to the dogs.

The abrevieated Rowdy & Rikki story . . .

I received several emails from those who feel sorry for Rikki because I never have Rikki dines. Here is the story.

Rowdy came to us after my Grandmother passed away, he was only a pup and has since grown into a charming young dog. He's well-behaved, smart, gentle, affectionate and knows the meaning of "no". Rowdy won the heart of my "former cat-lover" husband.

With Michael and I both working full-time and all of Kenza's after-school activities, we figured Rowdy was lonely. He needed a girl-Rowdy.

And so along came Rikki.

Rikki, unfortunately, was a impulse buy - she was just this itty bitty one pound ball of fur with a wiggly tail. I hate to say it, but we bought the cuteness. She has a constant high-pitched chicken bark, happy pee, nervous pee, lazy pee, pee pee and her sole purpose to life is to consume all things. She is completely rotten and behaves badly all the time! I thought I'd try David's dog-training trick and sit on her - but she's a wee dog and I have a giant ass and I wouldn't wish that unfortunate demise on anyone.

As good parents, we love both of our dogs - regardless of their intelligence or lack of. Put a plate of food in front of Rowdy and say "no" and he listens. Put a plate of food in front of Rikki and it disappears before you can click the camera.*

*To answer the remaining ridiculous part of the email - No, our dogs do not drink wine. They do however eat real food - not dogfood. Lean meats, veggies and brown rice. I wish I ate as well as our dogs.

11 Comments:

Blogger Swordspoint said...

Sorry about the whole boob thing. Transfer some butt to the boob area and voila - boobs!
I love the calm picture of Rowdy and the frizzed out appearance of Rikki. By the way, for all you readers who have never meet Rikki, everything Susan put here is absolutely true. I am truly surprised that Rikki can't open the fridge and help herself to anything inside. Oh, and about the pee, Susan you forgot to put Rikki's Indian name on here. The dog is a peeing machine, quite like a turtle in the fact that I think she drinks water all day in hopes that someone will pet her so she can dribble it everywhere.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Rikki reminds me of my cat Bibi. She is very affectionate and loves people. However, she never listen to anyone. She will listen but she will go and do her own things. Is strange how animals have so much personalities.

11:53 AM  
Blogger ~The Modern Tragedy said...

my baby Coco eats and lives a like a queen the oter dogs we have I dont care for except maggie

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

My wife and I don't have any human children. Our dog Pixie is treated like a princess. She's spoiled, jealous, too smart for her own good, and an attention hog. We love her to death.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Don't feel guilty about sleeping in on the run...feel guilty about the nasty Taco Bell.

arg

I have to go lie down now. I'm fairly certain I have thirty pounds of lard at the bottom of my stomache.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Iron Benny said...

Nytro and I have a dog, she is quite a bundle of energy. Lab pup. She and I eat alot alike. The same thing, every meal, every day. Luckily, I prefer it this way. It helps me streamline food preparation and it keeps me eating good. When I step out of my routine, I end up eating like crap.

6:20 PM  
Blogger David said...

Dogs or boobs ... which to comment on? I've seen plenty of dog pics and read about them often but hardly a thing about the other. So my comment is: "Enough with the dogs already." :)
I regret to tell you our dogs would not get along. My male fox terrier would have Rikki's head in his mouth in about four seconds. The female would eat all Rikki's food and look for some of Rowdy's gourmet cheese for a chaser.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Your posts just keep getting better and better! I'm wishing I had had the foresight to see that what I really wanted were 2 small dogs, not 2 monster dogs. I love my dogs. Lab Lucky just does not listen and he's too big for me to try to make him. Pictures? He'd EAT the camera and shit it out on my carpet.

8:58 PM  
Blogger partyrunner said...

totally cute post. i love the lil' earnest look on pup's face.

i would pay someone a trillion bucks to develop a boobs workout that did for boobs what other workouts do for other parts.
how come you can firm up butt, thighs, tummy, etc but not boobs???
pls no one say boobs are just fat. there's got to be something that works!

9:22 PM  
Blogger D said...

Damn that Tanita.

You crack me up!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I think that Rikki is related to my dog Fudge. She is so cute (we bought the cute too...), but she is messy. I think she thinks her name is "Fudge Don't PEE!!!
And you you think your ass is huge at 130, mine must look like the back side of a Mack truck!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home