Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still feel like poop

Went to be last night at 8pm - woke up at 10:40 with fever. My throat is sore, my ears are popping and I feel terrible. Must get a dr's appt today. I'm so tired. Going to dr at 1pm -.

I feel as if all of my hard work and endurance is going down the tubes - I'm on day 8 and have only done some walking and biking. How long before my muscles turn completely to jelly?

Food log: coffee, frightfully large banana, water --> 313 calories. Mongolian Beef w/ mushroons, veggies & rice, water --->753 calories so far. 5 mints ---> 778 calories. Triscuits -->978 calories

UPDATE - Just got back from the doctor - I've got a throat infection (which I've probably had since before the marathon) and got some amoxicillan . . . he said I should be ready to go by Friday for more training . . . I'm hoping by Thursday morning - we'll see.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Isn't it normal for your immune system to be suppressed a bit after a marathon type endurance event? I'm sure you'll bounce back just fine. Whatever muscle fatigue and weakness you're feeling now is most likely (virus / infection) related.

You'll be fine. Once you get to the Dr. that is. :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger D said...

You will be able to run again! You will! You will! Just take a break and then come back to it gradually. Marathon training and then actually running the marathon after you have put in all that mileage is physically draining! Watch your diet, though, else you may gain weight, which obviously will make running even more difficult/challenging!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm bananas and jelly.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Don't worry about your base. It doesn't go away that fast. In fact, u should be stronger b/c of the marathon. Your body will adapt ;)...

Rest, take those vit C and drink lots of water girl!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ironayla said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling down still. You probably need some time to recover.

I love your title pictures!!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger jeff said...

there are quite a few articles out there about iron deficiency in endurance athletes, and how that leads to fatigue. are you getting iron rich foods in your diet?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Don't feel guilty for being like this, just focus on feeling healthy, eating better, drinking water, and you will be fine and recovered soon, this can last forever!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Don't wear yourself out. Everyone is different and some people take much longer to recover after a marathon than others. You're recover and get stronger than ever!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I sounded like a dork..."You're recover"???? meant to say "you'll recover." Uuggggghhhhh.

1:17 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Hi Susan,
Just take this week to get yourself better. The antibiotics should help. You'll be back in action in no time. Feel better soon!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger David said...

I think I recommended the same to Mia recently: try bourbon :0

8:19 PM  
Blogger A Girl Running said...

sorry to hear you feel so crappy - hope the antibiotic sorts it out for you

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home