Thursday, October 27, 2005

Morning

Ever go run or workout and feel like it would have been more beneficial to get some extra sleep and stay in bed?

Went to bootcamp and didn't realize my shorts were on backwards until I got home. Drove to work only to realize it's not Friday - and I'm wearing jeans. Go home, change. Get back to work and realize that I forgot my security pass and was locked out of the building. Open my email and it's locked up because I have too many large files. Dribbled coffee down all the front of my new ivory sweater and remember I've used up all of Kate's Shout wipes.

This is for Karrie - Why you're a good friend:
  • You're always, always positive - even when you think you're not
  • You listen to me talk about my poop, my boobs, my hair, and my shopping addiction
  • You're the ONLY person in the world who will get up and run at 4AM with me
  • Because together - we can come up with 1001 excuses why we had a bad run - and totally believe it
  • You let my mentally challenged dog, Rikki, pee on you - and do not get grossed out
  • Between the two of us, we've had every conceiveable imaginary and non-imaginary running injury
  • Because we are equally bad at finding the start line of a race
  • You have many interests, you're not judgemental and you never ever give up

14 Comments:

Blogger marathena said...

Thank you!! That goes both ways!! Hey there is a 10k on Sunday in Mckinney...Want to do it instead?? Halloween Hussle (look on Run on's Events page, almost at the bottom).
I could use another race and you had mentioned that you wanted one too. Let me know if you want just a regular loop run or the race.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Any friends that wake up at 4 am is a good friend indeed...then again. I have no friends :) not real ones anyways.

10:23 AM  
Blogger marathena said...

That is really sad cliff. You should find some friends that will go run with you or just find some friends!! Heehee!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Uggh, I hope your day gets better!

I need to find a friend that will come knock down my door and drag my lazy butt out of bed oh at some hour before 9 am :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger marathena said...

I don't have a clue, but I can mapquest it and find out. It shouldn't be too tough to figure out.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I swore I'd never be one of those runners that talk about poop...but I do talk about...not just with friends either. We are a strange lot, we runners.

11:48 AM  
Blogger thealphafry said...

What bootcamp training do you do? I have a feeling it's not the same as mine..

I've run with my shirt on backwards and not noticed until I was back.. I could probably make the same mistake with shorts.

Lol.. and I feel so much better about noticing bowel movements and being able to talk about them now..

12:11 PM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

I know how you feel - walking to the meeting today I realized that the pantyhose I was wearing had lost some of its elasticity over the last winter and as I walked they crept slowly but surely down from my waist and were hovering very close to danger by the time I got to my destination. You know - gusset at above knee level!!! Oh the humanity!!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

You can run a mile in 8 something??? wow!!! you use to say you are a slow runner... if you pass next to me you will leave me spining... is the weather helping to improve?
How wonderful sounds to have a friend like her!! For shure you make your own.

2:51 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great running friends are priceless!

OMG ~ the bright side to the day you had is TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!

5:32 PM  
Blogger robtherunner said...

Alright if I knew you got up at 4 a.m. I would have kept quiet about needing extra sleep at 6 a.m. Maybe it is the fact that I do not get any uninterrupted sleep since I have a 9 month old that likes to wake up often. No wonder you call your workouts bootcamp, 4 a.m., I could not do it.

6:00 PM  
Blogger partyrunner said...

thanks for the laugh. i loved your post. i love wearing clothes backward. and spilling. and thinking one day is the other..

7:37 PM  
Blogger David said...

You just defined a great friend. Trustworthy and kind.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Too funny!! You've had quite a day but at least tomorrow really IS friday!! Have a great weekend!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home