Monday, October 10, 2005

I love Chicago!

Chicago can certainly do a marathon. Everything from the Expo to the Race was really well organized. I'll update with a full report later after I download all my pictures. But here are my results - not the 4:15-4:30 I was looking for, but it's still 49 min faster than my Austin Marathon time. As you can see by my times, around the 20k point, my time started slowing way down. My calves started cramping and I slipped on a wax cup and bent my knee in the wrong direction - it is swollen like a log today. I'm not sure what the cramping was about because I was really well hydrated . . . perhaps it was one of my several trips to Michigan Ave on Saturday and the shopping gods were punishing me.

Thanks Kate for being there and being my personal photographer - it meant a lot to me! Now I'm off to make halloween creepy crawlys and spend the day with my daughter.

5K - 00:31:43
10K - 01:02:57
15K - n/a
20K - 02:08:11
HALF - 02:15:33
25K - 02:42:44
30K - 03:22:33
35K - 04:01:03
40K - 04:41:11
FINISH - 04:57:13

16 Comments:

Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on your marathon! The race reports are coming in, and it sounds like everyone did great! Hope that your knee is doing ok. Rest up - you've earned it!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Oldman said...

congrats on a your mary....ni can't wait to read all about it!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Ohhh...sorry about the knee. Great job on the race, though! I think I can pick you out in that picture!

I watched your times on the marathon tracker all day yesterday! Could you hear me cheering? ;)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Wil said...

GREAT JOB! I was right behind you! (5:04:15). I hear you on the cramps - they got me a little around mile 11, but most of my breakdown was because I just didn't have enough training miles going in - next time! Wish I could have met you, congrats, and take care of that knee :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger IMmike said...

Great job. I'm looking forward to the race report!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

Great job Susan
I can't wait to read the race report. That crowd picture is really something.
After a week of nothing, you've inspired me to get my butt out on the road.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good job Susan. Evil Wax Cup. I am glad u still run the whole thing. 49 min is a huge improvement :)...awesome...

1:12 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Congratulations!! You overcome for much your past mark!! That is great, good for you!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

congratulations!!

i'm looking forward to the details...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Jen_runs said...

Congratulations Susan. Look forward to reading your race report.

Jen

5:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What an awesome marathon to be a part of!

5:46 PM  
Blogger David said...

Wowser! Your splits were pretty darn good. I'll trade you a week in Orlando for that full marathon time. I'd be really happy. 33,001 finishers! What a crowd. What a party.
I hope the shopping was worth the knee pains.

9:39 PM  
Blogger brent said...

way to go susan, i can't wait to hear about your experience. i'm thinking about giving chicago a shot some day.

btw we tied, exactly down to the second ('cept i did TCM). that's so weird. 4:57:13!

9:55 PM  
Blogger partyrunner said...

nice time susan! i was telling wil, chicago sounds amazing.

congratulations on beating your austin time and more importantly, sounding like you had a good time. so key. !

11:57 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Congratulations Susan - you did really well. I am so glad and relieved you enjoyed the marathon. Hope your knee is okay - sounds awful. Anyway take it easy and have a well-earned rest. Looking forward to some photos!

What's your next goal?!!!! (chocolate sounds pretty good!)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

congrats on a great marathon time. bummer about the knee though.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home