Wednesday, October 05, 2005

4 days to go - I'm being attacked by bugs

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, a swarm of 8 or so, giant killer wasp-like looking things flew into my bathroom, and started swarming around me. One of them landed on me and freaked me out - I ran out of the bathroom (didn't get to spray my hair even). A couple of them must have stuck on me, because when I got into my car to go to work, I noticed a few of them flying around. EW. I don't know where the nasty things came from, but the bug people are coming tomorrow. Nothing gets in the way of me and a properly-styled doo.

No workout today - tomorrow, a 4 mile tempo run.

I decided to wear my race belt and put the gu in those elastic slots and a few under my bra strap. I'm not going to wear a hat, or at least that's what I'm saying right now. I purchased a throw away shirt and gloves, it will cover my number - I think that will be ok for the first few miles. It is really WRONG to use the words "purchase" and "throw away" in the same sentence - it defies Shopper Susan physics.

6 Comments:

Blogger Flatman said...

Didn't get to finish your hair? Tragedy! How did you go to work...should have called in sick! Sounds like you are having plagues at your house...look out for the frogs and locusts.

You are leaving tomorrow, no?

12:54 PM  
Blogger D said...

UGH! Don't these bugs know that you are running a marathon on Sunday???? The only hat I have ever worn was during the Lincoln marathon back in 2003 - IT POURED THE WHOLE TIME...although it was quite refreshing. I look horrible in a hat!

The good news about the throw away stuff is that it typically is donated to people who need them! Otherwise it does seem like a tragedy.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Running Chick said...

I used safety pins to pin a couple of gels to my shorts last year (thru the tear-off tab at the top of the gel packet). And I carry a bottle, so I put a rubber band around the bottle and strap gels in there too.

Under the bra strap? Doesn't that chafe?

2:20 PM  
Blogger Oldman said...

always wear a hat... sun screen too...this is from some one who knows the need for sun protection even on cloudy days....

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

I agree with Oldman -- a hat is a must. Since you're not sticking gels under it, it's a good spot to stick wet sponges and ice from the aid stations (if the marathon provides those). Surprise, surprise, I stuck the ice down my bra.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

gu under your bra strap..argh I wish I can do that.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home