Sunday, September 11, 2005

Warning: the following hill-training post contains many Obscenities

Wow - what a tough run, I am thoroughly and completely poopified. Started off with the normal 2 mile walk to warm up, then we headed out to run our new course for some hill-training. This course was up hill the ENTIRE way. No seriously, for 21 miles we run up hill. It was torture. I was doing great with the rolling hills through highland shores, mindfully conquering every one with a fuck you hill attitude the entire way. At mile 6 or so I reached a nasty hill and had to walk up the final quarter mile to the top.

This made me mad. Really mad. Also, I was mad at the stupid car that nearly ran us off the road yelled get on the sidewalk - stupid idiot - I have just as much right to be on the road as they do. This made me mad and really determined.

I ran up every hill the rest of the route. I nearly died, seriously, nearly died while climbing the simmons/mccamy hill. The entire way I chanted like the little engine that could - fuckity fuck fuck.

Lord have mercy on the day I post a 21 mile hill-training run and can shout - fuck you 10 min mile.

And fuck you to the driver ran my friend off the road. I'm glad your window is broken - put down the fucking beer before you get in the car next time - fucking bastard.

Finally, thank you Linda for teaching my tongue flow so eloquently loose with virtue.

Today's Stats
Program - Hill-training run
Distance - 2 warm-up walk - 21 miles run
Time - 3 hrs, 45 min and 9 sec
Calories - 3,142
AHR: 162 bpm
MHR: 186 bpm
Weight: 127.8
Water: 120 oz
PMS - cranky, irritable, determined

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Perhaps someone should sprinkle holy water on you now...do you think your skin would bubble...hahah just kidding.... good job on your determination!!! We need more determined strong women in the world. I for one have vowed on my next run to chant also..If you want to know a fantastic swearer (is that even a word?) you should meet my husband...he can string words together without even taking a breath between them and somehow they way he strings the words together makes the words seem a hundred percent worse! It is vulgar and impressive at the same time. P.S. I am still currently cursing my foot... (planter facitis)I was only able to do 2 miles on Tuesday, 3.2 on Thursday and 4 miles yesterday...blah...bought new shoes with xtra cushion...will try them out Tuesday morning...Am taping my foot up and using an ankle brace. I can run with just a little discomfort...no sharp pains just sort of burns toward the end of my run. I am assuming discomfort means keep working it...sharp shooting pains mean stop...so no pain just keep plugging away. Will try to increase to 4 1/2 next week on Saturday and just to 3.2 and 3.2 on Tues and Thursday??? Does that sound okay??? Would appreciate guidance from anyone! I think where I went wrong is my mind says."Kim you are an ironwoman" My body says" Hey dummy you were 289 pounds a year and a half ago give me a break or I will break" In otherwords I overtrained for my fitness level at this point!!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Kim, I think you are doing great. Do you have a Foot Folutions store anywhere in Lafayette? If not, go to footsolutions.com and see about some inserts #405 - they are fantastic. Once I got them I ran pain free for the first time in a year and haven't had any trouble since. They are specifically for athletics. Sharp shooting pain definately means stop. Discomfort means work through. Listen to your body. You are a superstar!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

GO SUSAN!! Great use of cursing, by the way! One day you will be a grand champion curser and they will build statues of you in the park for people to spray paint curse words on thus continuing your legacy! Now where is MY workout plan? Is there a plot to get Kate in shape so you can both laugh at me, saying horrible things like "HAHAHAHA you wussy pantywaist, you run like a girl" Oh wait, I am a girl.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

I find obscenities work better for me than visualisations!

Kim - with Plantar Fasciitis you need also be aware of the shoes you wear outside of running - if you're not wearing good shoes the rest of the time, your not allowing your foot time to heal and rest. A running friend of mine is currently swearing (not in an obscene manner!) about the benefts of Birkenstocks - yeah I know they're ugly but there are some neat styles out there. She says they cured her PF totally!

Power of Pen

9:34 AM  
Blogger thealphafry said...

wow that's very impressive. a 10 minute mile is still good for me. but 10 minutes up hill! it's inspiring to read other people's experiences with running/health. keep it up. and yeah, something about cussing does get me motivated, or at least angry, which gets me going (physically and mentally). there's nothing empowering like a good run to clear your head after you're pissed off.

1:02 PM  
Blogger marathena said...

Kim,
I would ice and stretch after exercise. I would also not go barefoot (ever), avoid flip flops, and write alphabet in the air with your big toe several times of the day.

Susan,
Wow the anger!! I thought I was angry!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger LB's Mom & Dad said...

Hmmm...what can I do in 3 hours, 45 minutes, and 9 seconds?!?!

- I can take 4 naps
- Peruse the isles in Target and buy only one item
- 1 mile

Good job Susan. I would call you my role model but that would mean that I would have to try to be like you and the Magic 8 ball says that that is impossible. Therefore, I won’t try.

- Leigha's Mom

4:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Anger is good for hill training.

4:20 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I loved it - proves you're human! And I can definitely relate to it to - great attitude! Brought a smile to my face anyway ;)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Wow. That's one hell of a training run.

"...fickity fuck fuck...

Great mantra. Mind if I borrow it some time?

First visit.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home