Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Seriously dehydrated and back to reality

I have a new theory - if you spend a weekend eating your weight in Belgian cream puffs - you will eventually run like a cream puff. I hate bad run days and I hate that the saying we are what we eat is really true. I haven't been documenting my food and this is what happens - why I repeatedly do this to myself - I don't know.

I started off the 7 mile tempo run day by waking up at 2:30am and again every 15 min until 4 am - Giving me only 5 hours of really good sleep - I'm paranoid I will over-sleep. Left the house at 4:40 am and headed to Bridlewood to run. Wasn't able to finish the 7 miles due to many factors that I will bullet shortly. I ran 4.5 miles today in 49:10 - HORRIBLE! That puts me at a 10:56 min per mile pace - GAH, and I thought my 10:20 min miles on Sunday were bad! My right leg felt like a numb tree stump - my form was beyond pitiful and my allergies are haywire due to the blasted pollution here in Dallas. Mucus is still running down my throat like waterfall and my eyes are crusted shut and swollen.

I am going to run the remaining 3 miles tonight during my daughter's soccer practice. The temp if finally cooling here and it should only be 93 degrees (33 c) so I should be ok IF I do my body a favor and drink plenty of water today. I only drank 12 ounces yesterday.

Today's Stats
Program - tempo run
Distance - 4.5 mile (2.9k)
Time - 49:10
Average pace - 10:56min (8.84 km/hr)
Calories - 432
AHR: 176bpm - not good people - usually it's 142
MHR: 190bpm - what's with that - I think I might be exploding
Weight: 128.2
Water: 47 oz.

Food: 1/2 english muffin, egg beaters, water, coffee Lunch: grilled chicken pesto sand, chips, diet coke, pickle, 2 hershey bites, some cheesey potatoe things, water, leftover creampuffs - now they are gone.

Ok - let's document the things that make Susan run SLOW:
  • Lack of sleep
  • Not drinking enough water
  • Pollution
  • Heat
  • Not taking her muscle fuel - even though it occasionally makes her vomit
  • Eating bad, bad food
  • Giant ghetto butt

9 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

hee. giant ghetto butt. i love that! i somehow doubt you have one, but if you do, is it like j-lo's? because that wouldn't be so bad.

and, because kate won't tell you for me, i have to say: you're really inspirational (and slightly insane?) with all this getting up at 4am-ish and running stuff. i'm almost motivated to run myself, and generally i only run when things are chasing me. but one of these days i think i will, and i'll have you to thank!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks and Cool - I'm going to start calling you and Kate at 5AM to make sure you guys are exercising!!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

You do not have have a giant ghetto butt, just a little one. I know you only say you have a giant one cause you are secretly jealous of mine (which is even bigger). If I ran, the effects of its bouncing would put cracks in the sidewalk! That's why I prefer skating, so it can just glide around aerodynamically behind me.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Can you teach my butt to be aerodynamic?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

Susan:
Can I ask how tall you are? are you short? Is that how you can be so light? Please tell me your four foot nothing, please...

Power of Pen

Al Carter

1:20 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

i'm a little over 5 feet - 5'1 1/2" or so (i frequently exaggerate and tell people shorter than me i'm 5'3" because it's the only time I can fake being tall) i am thin - but right now all of my weight is living in my behind!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Ah grasshopper, the aerodynamic butt is a thing of zen. You must be the butt and the butt will follow you.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I think the butt will probably follow you, zen or no zen.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Sigh, butt zen sounds so much better than 'that thing I could post a billboard on and still have room to show a drive-in movie on'. Butt Zen, I am writing a book...

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home