Friday, September 09, 2005

Scary? and burned out. 23 miles. sigh.

Who things my profile picture is scary? I have one vote for mean (Amy) and several gay boys think it's scary. What do you think? I was going for serious runner with lots of character.

Sunday is the long run day - 23 miles - and I am so burned out from all the training we've been doing. I'm not looking forward to it at all, which makes me sad. I've put a new route together and I hope that helps. I do have to say that I have made vast improvements these past three months of training - I've gotten faster and worked on my form a lot - that's not to say I don't have room for improvement. Those 8 min miles are out there somewhere.

I really dread getting up early on Sunday, dread taking the muscle fuel, dread putting the water out, dread fearing it will be a bad run day, dread peeing in the grass, dread that my stretch marks with scab from the waistband of my shorts rubbing against them. uhg.

Another whiney entry. I'm hoping for great weather and new scenery with our new route. I think I just have the training blues.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I am shocked and appalled that you would even THINK about running when you should be getting your sinning ass to church!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

it's true - my ass frequently sins

3:58 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

I don't even want to know about your ass sinning! Oh, and I don't 'thing' your blog is bad, in fact, I thinK your blog is rather funny!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I found your blog after reading a post on a girl running's blog. I feel the same way sometimes about food and running. I think reading about others is really motivational.I hope that I can train like you do someday and that I look that great! I have the pink mini too, but I need some new music to get me though my runs.Any suggestions?

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home