Monday, September 12, 2005

Rest day today

I'm still so excited about yesterday's run - even though I was a little slower than expected - the entire run was hilly and I finished really strong. I feel great today - a little sore thru the shoulders and have a fair amount of chaffing, but other than that, my body feels GREAT - and am really happy about it. Mentally this was a great challenge for me to overcome - hills have always been one of my major weaknesses.

I don't know if it is possible or not, but I feel likeI built some serious strength in my legs yesterday. Can that happen after just one run? Will it stick with until Oct 9th for the Chicago Marathon - hopefully, I must stick with my training though.

Tomorrow is just 30 min of cross training and some weights, but Wed is an 8 mile tempo run. Not sure what that will end of being - we'll see.

FYI - I'm starving and eating everything I can get my hands on today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Well SOMEONE was supposed to meet SOMEONE in the breakroom, but SOMEONE had to go see SOMEONE else.

Hee. That was fun.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

OMG that is so great about your run! I have had the eating everything days before. You know it is bad when you start thinking that really old bag of chips in the vending machiene looks good!

5:36 PM  
Blogger D said...

Great job on your long run...eat up - looks like you've earned it!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Feeling really hungry is normal - you're doing lots of training. Not long to go now - the marathon will be here before you know it. Look at me - its all done now, I'm feeling a bit stiff, have just been for a massage. Just don't go and overdo it now - you won't achieve any more fitness in 2 weeks.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the note of encouragement on my blog the other day. I wish I was really fast!

Keep up the program, the last weeks before the taper will make a difference on the big day.

Are you using body glide? I find it great to eliminate chafing.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home