Saturday, September 24, 2005

Last long run before Chicago Marathon . . . YAY

Today was our last long run before Chicago - now the taper begins, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to taper. Went into the run today not really wanting to run - but we did it - slow and not as far as we wanted - but, the we got enough time on the road - my hips and knees were really achy during the entire run. It's been a tough monster month.

Early into our run this morning a turkey flew down and startled us as it landed very close to us, too close. Turkeys are big. I for the first time - saw a turkey fly. I seriously did not know that turkeys could fly - I assumed they grew on farms somewhere and just got fat all day - naive I am. Ended up seeing about 6 or 7 turkeys waddling around our course - in the midst of a big city no less . . . first time for everything I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeff said...

i saw a turkey vulture circling over our place yesterday, does that count?

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home