Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Great tempo run

Tempo run was great this morning. I don't have much time to post today, I have to *work* today. Jobs, they get in the way training don't they. Anyhow, started off the run fast, slowed in the middle a litte - but did my last mile in 7 minutes! I love finishing fast (that's fast for me.) More later!

Ok - so I'm back and here is a quick recap:

Program - 7.38 mile tempo run (cut short to get to work on time - damn job)
  • Miles 1&2 around 8:50 - 9 min miles - way to fast to start
  • miles 3-6 min miles - really slow, still asleep
  • felt like I had a lot of energy - so I said let's see how fast I can go
  • mile 7 - 7:20 - YAY. I was so shocked - I really need to learn how to pace better - I think I'm gonna get my own garmin girl

Total time was 1hr 15 min - ave pace - 10 min:10 sec miles.

Food today: coffee, coffee, coffee, turkey, beef, bbq sauce, potatoe salad, baked beans, diet coke, water, water, water, leftover pasta, green beans, orange sherbert

Weight - up drastically - 7 lbs - Yikes, I'm gonna feel those on the road this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flatman said...

7 minutes! That was that sreaming sound I heard coming from the east this morning!!!

Nice...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

DO you have a garmin - if you don't how do you pace yourself?

3:45 PM  
Blogger D said...

Nice Job! a 7 minute mile at the end of your 7 miler+ is AWESOME!!!! I don't know how you start at 4am - WOW. Get a GARMIN - you will fall in love!!!!!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home