Sunday, September 18, 2005

Felt like running in San Francisco - only hotter

Today's 14 mile run was really tough for me. I didn't get enough sleep last night, and drank 2 glasses of wine at dinner - so I was a little dehydrated this morning, it was 90 degrees outside, the humidity was really high, not to mention the ragweed. Woke up again with my eyes crusted shut, and my Ipod battery died at mile 8. Nothing but nature to propel me for six more miles - and nature does not have the bass line of Gwen Stefani. (Have I mentioned my need for a Nano?)

The hills on this loop are really tough and there is only one that goes down, the rest go up up up. . . Anyhow, I am very happy because I am building some serious strength and power in my legs. The Chicago course is flat, but I'm going to use this strength and power to propel me forward faster! I can taste the 4 hour marathon, I've been training so hard - just one more week of intense training and then the taper! YAY.

Today's Stats
Program: Hill-training
Distance: 14 miles
Time: 2 hrs, 35 min and 11 sec
Pace: 11:04 min per mile
Calories - 2,100
AHR: 163 bpm
MHR: 181 bpm
Weight: 129.6
Water: 42 oz

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen_runs said...

Well done Susan. A great run under tough circumstances. All these hard training runs are going to pay off! Sub-4hours here she comes!

Jen.

6:05 PM  
Blogger D said...

Aren't you glad it's over! Humidity and heat suck! Sorry about your ipod batteries going out..that sucks too!

I plan to run semi-hard this week, possibly do a 1/2 marathon on Saturday and then start tapering for Chicago.

Just think: all those hills, the heat, and the humidity have made you stronger and you will kick butt in Chicago!

6:37 PM  
Blogger David said...

You probably won't even break a sweat in Chicago after the grueling heat training you're going through.
Having ipod and related problems is good too. You've been able to practice overcoming imperfect conditions.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Ohhh..I want a nano too, so buy two and send one to me!

Humidity sucks, but feel good that you aren't the only one suffering through these hot summers of hell in Texas! Just think it might be down in the 60's by Christmas!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home