Monday, September 05, 2005

Again with the slow run . . .

Sigh. Yesterday's 10 mile (20k) run was not what I expected.

Richard's polite request: "I was hoping we could do faster than 10 min miles today."

My not so polite response: "We will run 9 min miles today."

At mile 4 we were right on target for 9 min miles. I felt great through mile 8 - still on target for 9 min miles. I am not sure what happend those last 2 miles, but at the end of the run my time was 1:43:17. Sigh. Once again running 10 min 20 sec miles. Someday, I will be a fast runner. Patience is not something that agrees with me.

Today is an easy 30 min recovery jog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Bad Karma for not donating to the mother-to-mother fund.

Donate. Now. It's pathetic, only one person has besides me.

How can I send just $30? I'm the worst fund raiser ever.

DONATE! I'm begging you!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

my internet has been down almost all weekend. I will donate later today.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

How are the folks?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

What is the mother to mother fund?

8:14 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

The mother-to-mother fund is a charity sponsered by the International MOMS Club. They give grants to moms club members in need. There are 20 moms club chapters in the affected states, and the mother-to-mother fund doesn't have enough money for the anticipated need. www.monticellomoms.com has more info.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home