Thursday, September 29, 2005

10 days to go and I got New Shoes

Went to RunOn last night and picked up a new pair of Brooks - same shoe, but they had the new Adrenaline 6 and my old shoes were the Adrenaline 5s. Did some cross training in them this morning and they seemed ok. My goal is to wear them every possible second until the marathon to make sure they are worn in enough. I have a 10 mile scheduled Saturday morning - that should help some.

My weight is drastically rising. Running does not give me permission to be a human garbage disposal. When will I learn.

Food today: coffee w/cream, diet coke (shut up David :)), 12 triscits, egg beaters w/salsa - OMG already ---> 505 calories. Lunch: diet coke (again), 1/2 giant potato from Jasons & cup of vegetable soup ---> 1019.5 calories & counting . . . sf hot choc ---> 1064.5 . . . about 500 triscits more ---->1595.5 calories. Penne Arrabiata, water, 1/2 g red wine --->2115.5 total calories

9 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Hi Susan,I am glad to know you are ready now with those new shoes. They will perfectly fit for the marathon, wow is only ten days from now!!
I can see now you run in a very hot place!! It should be dry because Texas is like desert isn't it? Tell more about the way you adapt to the new weather. If you have being before on the chicago marathon, if you can. I think breading fresh and then hot needs a period of adaptation specially if you are running the marathon!!
Thanks for visiting me, and for the encouragement from being slow.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Ah, the madness sets in. Hope that the shoes work out for you - always a risk, but I think you timed it about right.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

something else... maybe is about the weather that running fast on those temperatures isn't that easy. But I can see you now developing great speed on the marathon because what you have developed is endurance and with fresh air in Chicago will make it easier, did it happen like this before?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Al Carter said...

glad to know you got new shoes - hope they work well for you. if you're worried about eating, get braces : ) It's like having your jaw wired shut!

11:43 AM  
Blogger jeff said...

good luck with the shoes! that 10 miler will be a really good indication of how well they'll work for you. if you don't have any problems then, you should be set. just try to get a handful of runs in before the race.

and, just look at the weight gain as fuel for the race...

1:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Considering the way this office sucks Diet Coke down, they should keep in in the supply room with the pens.

And they really need to get rid of the vending machines. Evil things.

1:50 PM  
Blogger D said...

Those dang triscuits!

8:02 PM  
Blogger A Girl Running said...

hey that's not too many calories for an athlete you know.

Love the new photo....I notice the white ear plugs...loving your ipod? I lurve mine to pieces!

what is a triscuit?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Flatman said...

Maybe you are just starting your carb-loading a little early...?

I have already started mine and my marathon isn't until December =0

So where are the pics of the new shoes???

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home