Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rock Stars Today

Today we were totally awesome. I ran so fast, 20 seconds before the run was over I vomited (3 times mind you) - then finished the run. I have the worlds most sensitive stomach - blech. Today was a 3 mile tempo run (5k for you aussie shapes), goal was 27 min (our race pace for the marathon) but I finished in 25:41 - YAY! I wish the marathon was tomorrow. The only thing that could make today better was if my weight had gone down. But still - happy day! The weather was great today too - only 71 degrees.

My goal is to finish the Chicago marathon in 4 hours - I've been doubtful - but now I totally think it is possible. For all of you Muscle Fuel connoisseurs - it tastes the same coming up as it does going down - rancid.

Sunday's distance run is an easy 10 miles and my goal is to finish in 1 hour 30 min. I'm so excited for Sunday's run. I may have to graph my distance runs to see my progress!

18 Comments:

Blogger Swordspoint said...

mmmmmmmmm rancid stuff. My favorite.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

well, that and fuzzy peaches. heh heh heh

12:44 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Rikki is as fuzzy as a peach . . . you know she loves you.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Of course she does. And I still don't want her. hehe

1:15 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

damn . . . didn't you fall for that sweet pooping post?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Suzie - Heaving three times during one vomiting session isn't considered vomiting three times. You have to stop vomiting, move on to another activity, then start vomiting again, with a significant pause between, for it be considered separate vomits. It's a fine distinction, sure, but one you should know. If each heave was considered its own vomit, then every time I've ever vomited turns into 20 vomits. Which makes for a good story, but it doesn't make it true.

Are you sure this isn't a result of your roaming tumor?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Nah, she's got colon cancer like the rest of us.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

It could be - my tumor has been acting up lately.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ooh, I like your new profile. It's very well written and informative.

Please stop by my site, Squeeing Fangirls Do Bob.com and have a look.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Swordspoint said...

Squeeing Fan Girls Do Bob? How about FuzzyBobPeachButt.Net. Heaving and vomiting we go.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You are not allowed to come to my class, you obsessive peach freak.

Susan, however can come.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Amy, you need a real profile pic of you. Harper will be jealous if you use Cole too much - and I will be a good Aunt and tell her too.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

and vomit came out all three times.

4:24 PM  
Blogger jeff jewett said...

butt jiggeling is good

nice blog
thanks for showing me yours. Now stand back. I'm going to show you mine

4:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Okay, if the vomit comes out three times right in a row, then it's still one vomit. If you started running again and then threw up five minutes later, that qualifies as a new vomit. If you are still standing in the same place and all the vomit is going into one spot, it's just one vomit.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

How's this picture? It's old, from a year ago. But it's the best one I have.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

YAY - that's great pic. Now my friends know you aren't just a really smart 2 year old.

4:49 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Interesting comments! Good to hear you've had a great run despite the vomits (thre times, once, whatever!).

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home