Sunday, July 24, 2005

Too Hot to Handle, cont.

Yesterday, Kerrie and I picked up my friend Marta, in town from Ohio, and headed to White Rock Lake to run the appropriatly titled 15k race, Too Hot To Handle. And it certainly was - starting race condition was 77% humidty and 87 degrees. It was 92 degrees by the time we finished - felt like 104.

Marta was the rock star of the day - she came in 8th in her age group, and 53rd overall. Way to go Marta! We also saw our friend Staci who works at the Y and she came in 5th in her age group and 39th overall. WOW! I finished pretty slow, time 1:42:25, 12 min slower than I wanted to finish. I was a little freaked out when I got to mile 5 and they were OUT of water. I still can't figure out how RunOn would let that happen. It really threw me off and I was worried they would be out of water at mile 7. Kerrie, smartest of us all, decided it was way to hot and walked most of the course. All-in-all, it was a fun race and certainly a test of our heat endurance.

Still, I'm a little disappointed in myself. I recovered way to fast and should have pushed myself harder. Next race - I will know better. 9 min miles are out there, I just have to work harder to get them. After race weight 127.4 - lost about a pound of water weight, even after drinking 60 oz of water when I was finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home