Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm getting old

Breakfast: soy nuts & avocado, water, coffee, diet coke. I think I'll hit the salad bar for lunch. (notice the missing snack) Lunch, ok so it wasn't a salad but I did have soy noodles with chicken, cucumbers and bean sprouts (bean sprouts count as vegetables don't they?), diet coke and water. Snack: 7 almonds and water. Dinner: vegetable salad with ranch, iced tea, 1/2 glass red wine, water.

I hate to admit it , but I can certainly feel my age creeping up on me. The heat and the 2-a-day workouts are really taking their toll. My recovery time is a lot slower than it was ten years ago, it takes more sleep and more energy to keep up with the day-to-day activities, it is so much harder just to lose 1-2 lbs. I know the intense training will pay off, I just have to work through it. I hate the fact that the older I get the less calories I need. Seems like it should be the other way around.

My husband suggests I give up some things like diet coke and some processed foods because they make a huge difference. If I hear one more time "your body excretes carbon, it shouldn't be consumed" I might vomit. I wish I could be as dedicated as he is with his diet. I do love my diet coke. The old adage is true - you are what you eat. I need to add more fruits and veggies, this week I will make that my goal. I will also try not to eat any processed foods, or foods with preservatives in them. You would think by the way I'm talking that I was 65 not 35. Went to the hot but after work and sat in the steam room for a while. It's really sad when the hot tub doesn't feel very hot because it's 104 outside.

BM: 7:15am, light flow. Hamstrings & glutes are really tight. Neck is tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home